Childcare at Meyer
Esic and Meyer Centers offer drop-in childcare services to our patrons participating in programs during set operating hours. Parent must be on site at all times while their children are in the childcare room. This service is available for a maximum of two consecutive hours and is available for children 1-8 years of age.
Hours of Operation (both facilities operate on the same schedule)
Morning session: Monday through Saturday 8:30am until 12:30pm
Evening session: Monday through Thursday 4:30pm until 8:30pm
Services are not available on Sunday
Things to Remember...
- Fees are due at the time of service and should be paid in the childcare room. For your convenience, punch cards are available for purchase at the service desk.
- Members: $1.00 per hour per child Non-members: $1.50 per hour per child
- We request that children who are ill not attend the childcare room as a health standard, as well as a courtesy to others, and for the well being of all the children. Parents whose children exhibit symptoms will be asked to remove their child from childcare.
- Childcare staff will work with you and your child in order to make him/her comfortable in the childcare room; this may take several visits. The parent or guardian will be contacted if the child cries for 15 minutes.
- Due to staffing constraints and health regulations, the childcare staff does not change diapers. The parent will be contacted if their child’s diaper becomes soiled.
- Dry snacks, bottles, and cups with lids are permitted in the childcare room. Please label the child’s belongings before bringing them along.
- The Edwardsville YMCA is making every effort to provide the safest environment in our child care rooms. Snacks that contain peanut related products cannot be brought to the childcare room and beverages should be juice or water rather than milk.